Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My July's Swaps

Sorry this post is way way late.  I had a quiet month as far as swaps went, because I did one massive swap with Ashley over at buttonboxx.  I definitely did come out with some items that I'm very happy about.  Here's my swap haul for July...



Illamasqua Cream Foundation CF120
Nars eyeliner in Black Moon
OPI My Private Jet (NLB59)



Illamasqua Cream Foundation was something out of the ordinary for me.  I usually use liquid foundation and then set with a powder.  It's been a long time since I actually used a cream foundation out of a compact.  This item is quite misleading, at first glance of the cream, I thought it would actually be too dark for me, but when applied, it was actually a little too light for me.  I think this will end up being my winter foundation.  I did like the formula, it was very smooth on the face, and didn't highlight my enlarged pores as much.  They also have a pleasant soft vanilla scent.  But it didn't win me over to returning to cream foundations out of a compact.

NARS Black Moon Eyeliner was an impulse swap.  It's mainly because I am obsessed with all things Nars, and not because I needed a black eyeliner.  I have like 20 black eyeliners and I'm struggling to get through them all to be honest.  But like I said, I couldn't resist swapping for another NARS item, because they are in my top 5 favourite brands.

OPI My Private Jet was one of those polishes that I felt I needed in my collection.  This version is not the original black holographic one, but it's the dark brown shimmer one.  it's a nice colour don't get me wrong, otherwise I wouldn't have swapped for it, but it's definitely not filling the hole that the original black holo polish can only fill.  Oh well, maybe one day I will become lucky enough to get one, until then, at least I have this version in my collection.

I promise I'll have more fun things to show in August.  I have another massive box swap with Buttonboxx, and I have already gotten a really hard to find nail polish in a swap recently, so check back at the end of this month for my August swap haul post. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment