Monday, August 1, 2011

Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation in Translucent

I wanted to use this powder foundation for a period of time before commenting on it.  I purchased this at Sephora for $30 a few months ago, and I bought it based on the rave reviews that I saw online and on youtube. No offense, but I don't know what those people were talking about lol.  This is actually a replacement powder, the first one arrived to me broken, so Sephora sent another one.  Let me show you what this compact looks like first before I continue on my review.




(The sponge is beige, but it just looks this colour because of use)

So the packaging is a standard black plastic compact with a mirror and a separate unit for the sponge.  The reviews I read said that you could use this sponge and it applies just as well as if you used a powder brush.

I honestly expected a lot from this product since Make Up For Ever is quite loved by everyone, especially for their aqua eyes eyeliner, finishing powder, and other products.  I kept hearing how they were so great this and that, so I stomached the price and purchased this.  I personally regret purchasing this powder.

I have combination skin, dry around my cheeks, oily in my T-zone.  I can not tell you how much my pores show in my cheeks when I use this matte powder.  I honestly have not had this issue with the other powder foundations that I have.  It is very cakey, and all my pores show, which I don't like one bit.  I have used this with primer, without primer, with liquid foundation as a base, without liquid foundation, with BB Cream, without BB Cream. I have used it with every combination possible to get my pores to be not as pronounced when using this, but no luck. And for that reason, I give this powder a big failing grade "F".

I definitely will not be repurchasing this powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment