Thursday, June 23, 2011

Care Packages Rock! Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Brown Eyes

Yesterday I woke up to this HUGE box from my sister from another mother :) I won't bore you all by showing you each item, but take a look at what I saw when I opened it up.


I mean...LOOK at that! Who would smile opening that.
Thank you Claudette! xx

So out of the all the goodies, I wanted to review an eyeshadow palette, because I know we've all seen these around (for those in the states) and always curious about whether or not these brands are any good or if we're just wasting our money buying these palettes at a higher price point.

So...
Today's review will be on the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - 
Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner  in Brown Eyes

This palette is 9 different colours that are all suppose to suite all brown eyed girls.
I wonder if Physicians formula has taken into factor different skin tones when making this?
Hmm... My advice is, if you are a cool toned light-medium tone gal with brown eyes, then this palette will be worth your money.  If you are a bit darker/warm toned, I don't think all the colours will be flattering, but perhaps maybe 3 or 4.

So here are my thoughts about this product

After Physicians formula came out with the Happy Booster's Blush, I was really hoping for good things with this company as far as packaging.  I believe that most women are drawn to an item by it's packaging, and this packaging just screams..."don't buy me, I'm a boring palette"

The other issue I have with the packaging is the waste of materials.  That extra ugly flab really isn't helping and it's just a waste of space really.  



This brush is useless.  It is flat and pointy and will not help you in the application of the shadows, and I just don't like spongey brushes to begin with.  I think it's a cheap cop out for companies to include brushes, without actually including a brush.  I hate these.

In this picture, you can tell that the palette is actually NOT boring, and in fact it is quite the opposite. You get an awesome range of nudes, beiges, browns, and purples to highlight, contour, accent and line your eyes with.




As you can see, you get an array of colour.  
Physicians Formula has yet to let me down when it comes to their actual colours.
Their bronzers have amazing shimmers, their happy booster blushes were very pigmented and smooth, and this palette falls right in line with the quality of this company.

I highly recommend this palette for an everyday palette that you can keep in your bag and use for quick touch ups during the day.  You don't have to worry about losing it, or breaking it, because the price is decent and you won't cry too much if something happens to it in transit.

I truly stand by Physicians Formula as the best U.S. drugstore brand. 
In my eyes, the fact that their colours are always highly pigmented with very little fall out, smooth texture, shimmery pigments, and their stand against testing on animals, always makes them a winner against the giant makeup houses like L'oreal, Revlon, Maybelline, etc. etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment