Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blog Sale Haul - Nuxe & Chanel

Blog sales are my new favourite thing to do. I love it, but I find that I am always late and missing all the good items, except...this time!

I was lucky to catch Nadia's blog sale over at "It's always summer on the inside", and I actually saw 2 of my wishlist items on her blog sale!! :::Happy dance::::

First I got the 
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR 
(gold shimmering oil) 


I have been wanting to try this so much, but it's a steep price for this baby.
1.6 fl oz is sold at SpaceNK for £23, and the 3.3 fl oz is £37.
Eck! That's why no matter how much I wanted it, I told myself I would get it during Christmas or something, BUT...

I got a 75% full bottle for only £6 (including postage)
Bargain!!!

So I definitely tried it today.

The smell is slightly sweet with a jasmine hint to it, so I looked up the ingredients (I was definitely off lol)
It contains a cocktail of 6 precious plant oils:

  • Borage


  • St John's Wort


  • Sweet Almond


  • Camellia


  • Hazelnut


  • Macadamia


  • Vitamin E





  • I'll be honest, this made me a bit nervous when I saw it come out of the bottle like this.
    Blame it on the numerous failed self-tanning experiences, but


    Instead, I got an almost invisible slightly shimmery layer.

    Hmmmm....I think I expected this to be a bit more golden/bronze-y, but instead I just got some oil with some shimmer in it.  It's very subtle, so I know a lot of people will like it; however, I was expecting it to be a bit more pigmented.

    My skin feels very smooth/soft, and if you use this, you don't need lotion.

    At £23, I would have been disappointed, at £6, not so much.

    My next wishlist item that I was able to get off this blog sale was the 

    Chanel Life Lumiere Smoothing & Rejuvenating Eye Contour Concealer
    No. 30 Abricot Lumiere


    Ok, I saved so much money with this product.  I have tried this at the counters and loved loved loved it, but £33 was very steep - so I passed, saving my little sample as best as I could, but I got this at £10!!!!

    I was thrilled. I could not for the life of me get a picture good enough to show you a before and after, but let me tell you why I love this product so much

    1) Smooth for the skin around your eye
    2) Easily application
    3) No creasing like some foundations
    4) Truly covers my dark circles and puffiness - very pigmented
    5) You get a lot of concealer for what you pay
    6) Does not irritate my eyes

    This is my favourite eye concealer out there!
    I can't say enough about it.
    I have not used too many eye concealers, but from the ones I have, I have not found one better than this one. 
    Honestly, worth the money...I didn't not get it because I didn't think it was worth it, I didn't get it, because £33 was out of my budget at the moment, but £10 is not and this is the best £10 that I spent in a LONG time.

    So that was my small blog sale haul. I hope the reviews were useful. 
    If you have any questions, please let me know.

    Do you blog sale? If so, what items have you gotten for a bargain?

    Also, speaking of blog sales, please come back tomorrow evening for 
    MY FIRST BLOG SALE !!!!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment