Saturday, September 17, 2011

YSL Rouge Volupte 2 Sensual Silk

As you all know, I am a sucker for packaging.  I can not look away when something is so beautifully packaged.  I believe this is one of those items that sold me on the large beauty lot that I purchased last month.  It's a gorgeous gold tube with YSL cut out in the middle to give it that extra luxurious touch.  I thought the mirror on top of the lipstick tube was clever, but after the lipstick rattles around the makeup bag, the mirror does get scratched up pretty badly.  But I won't harp about that, because the rest of the packaging is just really lovely.

On top of the beautiful packaging, the colour is perfect for me.  It is a creamy nude with just enough pink in it to not wash me out.  It is lightly scented, and highly pigmented.  


I think that with every expensive lipstick, comes the question whether it is worth it or not.  Some base it's worth on whether or not it moisturizes your lips, and others base it on if it lasts a long time or not.  I personally found this to be one of the creamiest lipsticks that I have ever tried, so for that luxury alone, I would say that it is worth every penny just to feel this silky creamy texture.  If you want a lipstick that will last you all day long while you are at work or out on the town, this may not necessary be the lipstick for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment