Monday, September 5, 2011

MAC Studio Sculpt vs. Studio Fix Foundation

It has been about 3 years since I have used MAC foundations.  It's not that I didn't like it anymore, but it has more to do with the fact that I just wanted to try something new.  
Recently I was chatting with a MAC artist online, and after a bunch of questions, she offered to send me 2 samples of 2 different types of foundations (that I never tried).  
Today I ended up getting Studio Sculpt and Studio Fix.  Both were NC20, and surprisingly was the colour that I was years ago.  Ok, so why is that surprising, well not so much surprising but sad. I guess I have completely lost my Miami glow/tan.  Fair enough, it has been a year since I left there, but still sad for me, because I really loved my colour when I was living there...anyhoo, back to the comparison.  Here is what I got in the mail, and my thoughts on both products.



I didn't think it was a large sample, but after having used it, I think this will actually last me a week.  So I was quite pleased with that.  It will take about a week to see how my skin reacts to these, and to see how the coverage lasts over time.

I put Studio sculpt on my left side, and Studio fix on my right side to see how they differentiated.  Here's my observation.

Studio Sculpt
* Thicker in consistency (sort of reminds me of BB Creams)
* Slightly heavier coverage
* Cooler toned

Studio Fix
* Liquid coverage
* could be built up into a heavier coverage
* Warmer toned

Now the biggest difference that I saw was actually in the colour.
I got NC20 for both products, yet Studio Fix had a warmer hue to it...and slightly more "orange".  In fact, even my DH (who knows absolutely nothing about makeup) asked me why the right side of my face was darker.  That immediate validated that it wasn't in my head.  So for me, Studio Sculpt wins over Studio Fix. 

Neither products irritated my skin, and there was no big difference in the texture of my skin upon application.  The only negative thing that I noticed was that it did nothing for my enlarged pores (despite wearing primer underneath), so if that is something you suffer from as well, you might want to steer clear of these.  

So the question now is...am I returning back to MAC foundations?
Sadly, the answer is no.  I think I love my Dior extreme foundations slightly more and despite being more expensive, there is no price that can be put on having flawless skin.

These products can be purchased at your MAC stores, Debenhams, and on MAC online.

Have you tried these products? 
How did you get on with them?

Oh and on another note..
On the right hand side, I just uploaded something called a cbox.  You can easily chat to me directly on there. So please come and chat if you'd like.  It's much easier than emailing me, so I figured I'd give it a try.  Would love to hear from you all.  It doesn't have to be about my blog, it can be about anything really :)

No comments:

Post a Comment