Monday, September 26, 2011

My homemade version of Chanel's Graphite meets Quartz Nail Polish

Last night I was cleaning up my makeup counters, and I pulled out my MAC pigments.  It seems like another lifetime when I was obsessed with MAC pigments, and now they sit there depotted and collecting dust.  So I took my pigments, and made a nail polish.  I did not make it with the intention of making it a Chanel graphite and quartz dupe, but when I applied it, I knew that I made a really lovely colour.  I'm not trying to brag, it was all by chance.  I hope you enjoy this polish that I made out of mixing MAC pigments.


Graphite on index finger

Graphite on index finger


My camera did not pick up the tiny tiny micro glitters that make this gritty metallic colour.  Just like Graphite, it's not just a solid colour, but consists of all different glitter that is unseen unless you stare at it in the sun.  The bronze/gold/beige shade that I made has the same consistency, and overall gritty metallic look as graphite.   It was thick to apply, but I can fix that.

What do you think of this new polish I made??

5 comments:

  1. which pigments did you use? it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a rare htf pigment called museum bronze

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that's so pretty! I wish I had gotten graphite when it came out. I have peridot and I'm trying to savour it haha!

    ReplyDelete