Friday, November 4, 2011

Boudoir Prive follows Glossybox

Did the PR at Boudoir Prive not see what happened a couple of months ago with Glossybox when they decided to charge people for shipping & handling?  I guess not.

Boudoir Prive is now charging postage, so it is no longer £10 anymore, but it is now £12.95.  The same price as Glossybox.  I love how Boudoir Prive used the fact that people were disgruntled with Glossybox and decided to advertise that they were ONLY £10, and now after a couple of months they follow suit and jack up their prices.  Sure £2.95 is NOT a big deal, but it's the principle behind their marketing tactic.  It's a little close to a bait and switch for me.  

I had a feeling Boudoir Prive would do this, just like GB, so I'm glad I never started with them either.  All these monthly subscription companies are annoying the heck out of me.  

Not that my opinnion matters, but I really think that if you have £13 to spend each month, to go and buy yourself 1 thing that you like, instead of waiting on a box of 5-6 things that you may or may not like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment