Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Compact Comeback

Spending a lot of time with my mother in law has taught me a lot of things, especially when it comes to style and class.  She showed me her photos from her youth and I was blown away. Not just because she looked like a hollywood actress, because I always knew she was quite the looker as a young lady, but because the impeccable glamour and style that her and most women from the 50's embodied. It sort of put me to shame, especially as I'm looking at these beautiful pictures and I'm wearing my sweatpants, worn in t-shirt, and house slippers lol.

So what else other than pencil skirts, red lipstick, and pumps still remain from the glamorous and stylish 50's? Well, I don't know about you, but I don't carry a compact, and I don't know many women who still do.  Especially since we have face powder, eyeshadows, blushes, and other palettes that already come with a mirror.

Thinking about this reminded me that I actually do own a compact. In fact, I was given this just recently and I love it.

Come and behold, my cute owl compact. It has just the right amount of vintage inspiration It's very understated, but artsy and just the right amount of hardware on it for me to love and it has an owl on it.  One of my favorite animals that I enjoy to wear.  I always eye those long necklaces with huge owl pendants on it.  I may just have to pick one up next time I see one.

Anyways, enough blabbing.

Onto the compact and all it's cuteness...

Thank you (you know who you are)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment