Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Deborah Lippmann's Glitter Polishes

If you asked me a year ago.."what is your favourite types of nail polish?", I would have answered chunky glitters like Deborah Lippmann.  Within the last year, I really stayed away from glitter, and have fallen in love with the nail polish rejects that I call 'ugly colors".  We're talking muddy greens, khaki army colours, greyed out versions of the rainbow, anything where most people would say it looked "ugly".  So today after I swatched the China Glaze, I noticed something sparkling in my nail polish drawer and pulled out a Deborah Lippmann polish.  I'm such a child! I started to skittle my nails just for the hell of it, and I have to give credit where credit is due.  Deborah Lippmann truly makes some of the most fun glitters out there.

Here is my skittling just for the heck of it...

You guys know my camera hates glitter, but even with my sh**ty pic, you can just see the fun on my nails.  Starting from the thumb, you have:
Today was a Fairytale
Boom Boom Pow
Razzle Dazzle
Superstar
Lady that Sings the Blues

(all swatched over China Glaze's rodeo fanatic)

Her formula is gloopy, and does separate, so you have to be patient with them, but the pay off is like no other.   I can see why I was so into glitter a year ago.

I'm not really a fan of her music, nor her constant reference to pop culture, BUT
the nail polish is great.  If you are in the states, you lucky devils pay only $18-$20.  We here in the UK have to shell out £18 at House of Fraser.

If you love glitter, treat yourself...it's almost Christmas :)

2 comments: