Sunday, December 25, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAUL 2011: Chanel, Rimmel, Revlon, H&M, Armani and more

HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELIES <3
Before I start my haul post, I just want to wish everyone a memorable, safe, and happy holiday season and all the best for a successful, peaceful, and joyous 2012! 

Well only after 6 hours of sleep, I was awaken by the eagerness of everyone to open presents.  I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I thought I was going to be able to fight it off, but I can feel my immune system being attacked.  So loaded up with vitamin c and my daily morning coffee, I joined the party an opened pressies.  Of course, I am always nervous that someone won't like a present I bought them, but that's the risk everyone takes.  I said my obligatory "thank yous" and smiled.  This is after all my first Christmas here in England, and first Christmas with my husband's side of the family :)

So let me stop being a grouch, and show you all what I got this Christmas.
This is a combination of presents that Santa brought me this year (aka myself and my husband). 


This powder was a total impulse buy.  The nude/pink powder with gorgeous sporadic glitter sparkle won my festive heart.   I don't regret buying this at all, but the reason why it is an impulse is because I haven't even made a dent in the La Mer Powder that I purchased last year.  At least this powder is definitely different with it's festive sparkle.


Another total impulse buy as it was a ridiculous price off of ebay, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to afford this beauty this year.
Chanel blush in Tweed Pink


Just look at this beauty, what girl won't be won over by this?



Speaking of impulses, this is another impulse purchase for Christmas.
I guess that's a good enough excuse right?  I actually tried this on at Selfridges a few days ago, but the customer service was so poor that I refused to buy it.  I'm really glad that I did pass it up, because I found it on ebay for £6 cheaper and that's including postage too :)

Here is my season appropriate
Giorgio Armani lasting satin lip color in 400.
This is my new favourite red!

Packaging is superb and if you are a sucker for packaging like me, then this magnetic snap unconventionally shaped lipstick case will draw you in, that's of course if the gorgeous holiday red doesn't.






That's all for the high end products lol.
I wasn't kidding when I said that I have a budget :)
But the next items I got for Christmas were well worth every penny (all 100 of them!)
Welcome my latest Poundland haul
Rimmel blush in Summer Glow and
Revlon Colorstay Mineral lipglaze in Neverending Nude


I can't remember right now which blog I read that raved about this, but when I saw this at Poundland I had to snatch this up.  After I try this, if it's as good as bloggers say it is, I'm going back to stock up as gifts.  The packaging is really flimsy, but I'm going to try to ignore that and focus on the actual product.


Very eager to try my Poundland items just as much as my new Chanel and Armani goodies!
OK, so how is a girl suppose to resist all these sales?
I hopped into H&M just for shits and giggles, and really almost walked out with 20+ items, but I really remained true to my budget and purchased only 2 items.

Both black garments - BIG SHOCK!
Yes, I still haven't embraced the concept of colour into my wardrobe.
When will I ever learn?




So what did DH buy me? Well my birthday is 10 days to go, so I'm going on an overnight spa break with a friend! I really can't wait for this.  I'm going to enjoy my 32th birthday in the lap of luxury :p
But he still wanted me to have something to open up on Christmas morning with everyone else, so he got me a pair of MUJI slippers.  I didn't photograph them, because they looked a bit fugly but my striped grey slippers are super comfy and I love them!! Plus I really needed them too.

Then he bought me a Bodum french press.  I think he got tired of hearing me say how I was sick of the preferred choice of coffee here (instant coffee).  I don't mind instant coffee, but I prefer espresso based drinks, so now with my awesome french press and my milk frother (coming in the mail), I will be able to make my cappuccinos, lattes, and mocha. BIG CHEER!!!!


It's a nice french press, apparently Bodum is known for their french presses or at least that's what I've been told.   I love it none the less.

***edit***
I also went to Boots and bought the Starbucks hamper for £15 (50% off) which included: 2 Starbucks mugs, Christmas blend grinded coffee, 2 gold chocolate coins (huge), and a big bottle of caramel syrup.  I am so ready to make my caramel lattes!

So that is my Christmas 2011 haul.  I've been super blessed considering the lack of work/income, but I'm just glad as always to be able to spend it the people that I love.  I think that's my #1 Christmas gift :)

I'd love to find out what you got this year! Leave me a comment, link, what have you...
show n tell time ladies, let me know what you got that you absolutely loved (or didn't love).

Well I'm off to watch silly movies, drink champagne, and stuff my face with so much Turkey that I won't want to eat Turkey for another year :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment