Thursday, December 15, 2011

Beauty haul from Cruise - Chanel illusions d'ombre Emerveille & Clinique spf 50 Face Cream

It was so hard to resist all the duty free shopping.  
I'm actually quite pleased with myself.  I only purchased items that I needed or really wanted for quite sometime now.  

First up, I purchased the Clinique Spf 50 with Solar Smart Face Cream
I am so happy to have found this face sunscreen.
Let me start by saying how much I hate the smell of sunscreen.
You guys know what I'm talking about.
You know it's sunscreen, because of it's white cream formula, and that god awful smell.
This product is a thick white cream like most face creams and most sunscreens, but it DOES NOT have that awful sunscreen odour!
YAHOO!
I was so pleased, and honestly I will be repurchasing this next time I go on holiday for sure.

This was also a very effective product for me.
I did not get burned (which I almost always do despite slathering on sunscreen), and I didn't break out from the heavy consistency.
Major bonus points for me.

My entire family used it, and nobody got burned.
A little goes a long way, and for $16 usd, this was a really good purchase and highly recommended.

Next up, is a product that my faithful readers are probably sick of hearing me go on and on about.
Chanel's Illusions d'ombress in Emerveille.

This creamy, long lasting eyeshadow cream is my favourite item of my recent cruise.
I will be doing another post to show you what I packed for my trip, and this was my #1 product.

It was not only great for my eyes, but this can really work as a highlighter too.
You have to work quick with it before it sets, but it is very flexible.

I loved my other cream shadows, so when I saw this at duty free, I instantly purchased it.
I don't know if it was just me being in a good mood because I was going to see my family and go on a cruise, or if it was the lack of sleep for 24 hours, but either way....I bought it, and I love it!
Another highly recommended product for all you T&O readers.


Something about that Chanel logo gets me every time!

You can see from here it's a gorgeous pink/peach/beige colour
Suits pretty much every skin tone

I used this for about 8 days straight, and there is still plenty of product left.

Shimmery goodness in a jar!

Classic, and suitable for all skin tones

I think that leaves me with just one more Chanel cream eyeshadow left to purchase.
After seeing Cami from Camiloveskiwi use Mirifique as a eyeliner, I haven't been able to get my mind off of it.  So thanks for the suggestion Cami!
So yes, this was all that I purchased beauty-wise on my cruise.
It's small, but these are products that I will definitely re-purchase.

Prices:
Clinique: $16 usd
Chanel: £18.50



No comments:

Post a Comment