Friday, December 16, 2011

My favourite samples this week by Aveda and Sisley

I absolutely love samples.  I think they are imperative in trying out a product prior to purchasing it (especially the more expensive products).

This week, I was able to try two samples that I loved and liked.  I definitely wouldn't have purchased either product without trying them first, since it would have been an expensive trial.

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque &
Sisley Hydra-Global Hydration Intense anti-age cream


Let me start with the product that I absolutely loved!

The Aveda treatment mask left my hair feeling so soft. I can't remember the last time my hair felt this way.  It must be the buriti oil that is found in this product, but I honestly can not say that I have tried another hair masque better than this.
I was pleasantly surprised, and my quest to acquire a larger bottle has begun.
I think I found my hair masque H.G. (holy grail).
 
Priced at:
4.2 fl oz  (125ml)- £21.50
8.5 fl oz  (250ml) - £35

Next product is by Sisley - 
This extremely expensive skincare product was a blessing to have tested.
I'll be honest, I don't think I would pay $250 (yes ladies, $250!!!!) for this 1.4 oz full size bottle.

I actually love botanical scents, but the Lavender and Sage was overpowering in this product.
I think if you have sensitive skin, or sensitive to heavily scented products, this is definitely not for you. I have samples some very expensive face creams in my life, and this happens to be one of them. I do enjoy pampering my skin with expensive face creams, but a sample is where I draw the line. Maybe I'll change my tune at 40 or 50 years old, but as a 31 year old, I definitely wouldn't invest this kind of money in a face cream.

I will say however, this face lotion does not dry greasy, it quickly sinks into the skin, but for those who have dry skin, I feel this might be a little too light textured. Overall, I enjoyed using this sample this week, but because of the price point, I will not be purchasing the full size product (at least not until I win the lotto :p).

What samples have you tried that you loved or hated?


No comments:

Post a Comment