Saturday, April 16, 2011

NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Waking Up In Vegas & Chanel Black Velvet

Here is my nail of the day. It goes perfectly with the gloomy weather the last 2 days. Bring back my Spring!!
On the bottom is the famous Deborah Lipmmann Waking Up in Vegas, which as made famous by Lady GAGA who wore this and only this on a cover of Rolling Stones (I could be wrong). On top I wore Chanel Black Velvet which is your standard black polish but with a unique finish. It dries completely different than my Chanel Black Satin which is glossy at the end.

I love Chanel Black Velvet and in efforts to save my money, I found a kind soul on my forum (shout outs Novella!) who swapped Chanel Illusions D'or with this. I know Illusions D'or is on many people's wishlist, it just didn't do it for me and Black Velvet is so much more my cup of tea.

So here is my non traditional french manicure.




Excuse the pre cleanup look, I was in a rush rush state.

Black Velvet went on like silk, but took a long time to dry. It must be the formula that makes it this hard to dry and my biggest issue this time was Waking Up In Vegas. It is a gorgeous grey, don't get me wrong, but I hate how the formula splits in the bottle. There is a line of yellow floating on top of the polish. For $18, I don't think it should do this. None of my other polishes do, so that is my biggest disappointment. If I knew this prior to purchasing it, I would have opted for another grey.
But what's done is done and I am going to try to use up my bottle, before I invest in another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment