Sunday, March 13, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Shadow Pencil in Midnight Cowboy

When the cashier at Ulta told me I had a $4 off any purchase, I ran directly to Urban decay and grabbed the 24/7 Glide-on shadow pencil.  It was a toss up between midnight cowboy or Mercury, but I figured that I would use the shimmery/glittery beige over the steel grey everyday.

So at $16 + tax, I walked away with this item


I couldn't get a decent swatch of this, because the glitter in this eyeshadow kept making my photos burry. So yes there is slight glitter to this (which i wasn't expecting). The original midnight cowboy eyeshadow is a shimmery neutral beige color that I use as an all over lid color.  I like it, because it brightens my eye.  So I expected the same with this thick eyeshadow pencil.  Instead I got an onslaught of glitter. Which is cool, except I'm in my 30's and don't like glittery eyeshadow during the day, so this will have to remain as something I wear at night.

Overall, it is a smooth application as advertised (glide-on) and it is a nice color on my lid. I'm a bit annoyed that I'll have to buy another sharpener just for this pen, but overall I'm happy with the product.  I think they are definitely banking on this 24/7 collection.  I have used the 24/7 eyeliners and the eyeshadows definitely last much longer than the eyeliner.  Also, the eyeshadow doesn't budge.  Where you apply it, is where it will last for hours.  So that is another good thing and makes it definitely worth the $16 I paid or the $20 retail.

I will definitely use this to the end, but I don't know if I will repurchase in other colors.
It's convenient and handy, but I think I prefer using powder shadow instead of a pencil. and that's just a personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment