Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ulta haul - NYX jumbo eye pencil & Eyebrow cake powder

Part 2 of my VA cheap shopping haul was at Ulta.
I heard lots of raves about NYX, so when I had a $5 of $10 coupon from Ulta, I decided to test out NYC.

Why not right?  I'm definitely testing out some low end/drugstore products to make my money stretch far these days and a lot of beauty gurus and makeup artist I have been watching have all had this NYX jumbo eye pencil in their kit - so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

what possessed me to get the eye pencil in Milk though??????? I have a white eyeliner for my waterline from Chanel which I barely use.  So I don't know what I'll be doing with this eye pencil.  I have seen some people use it as a base to other colors, but I'm afraid it will look to pastel like on me.  Either way, the texture and application is great on this product.  I have no complaints about it, it is smooth and very easy to apply, so don't hesitate to get this if you see a color you like from this line.

Now, the second product is my eyebrow cake powder, which I stupidly got in a slightly lighter color than I should have.  I have black eyebrows and so I got this in brunette, but really even the darker part of the 2 colors was too light on me.  I was not fond of the wax part on the far left.  It had a petroleum jelly smell to it and it brought back some bad childhood memories lol.  My parents used petroleum jelly on EVERYTHING lol.  So I did try this once on my eyebrows and I was happy with the overall look after I was finished, but I am so sensitive to certain smells and I will probably end up putting this one on sale.
It comes with 2 brushes, a slanted eyebrow brush and a eyebrow brush.  Both were sturdy and well made for this little kit.  Other than that, I wish the wax was already mixed in with the color for easier application.  My hunt for eyebrow makeup continues....

2 comments:

  1. I love love love when Ulta has these NYX buy one get one half off! They really come in some gorgeous colors.

    Just FYI.. Some of the pencils have a plastic outer so you need their NYX Sharpener to sharpen them (at least my regular liner sharpener won't do the trick).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the notice about the plastic outer. I just grabbed my pencil and realized it was super hard. I am going to have to pick up a NYX sharpener eventually. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete