Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dollar Store Haul - NYC liquid eyeliners & Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder

I feel like i've been away forever, seriously! but I guess it's only been a little over a week.
I have been packing, repacking, and doing inventory of my belongings that will be shipped to England and in the meanwhile trying to hit up some last minute shopping too.

It's not easy, with the stress of the move - financial reality has set in.
I have really changed in the last couple of months due to this realization.  First off, I'm no longer a makeup snob and I am sooooooo happy about that lol (so is DH).
I frequent youtube and other blogs to see what products give me the most bang for the buck.

One item that I kept hearing over and over about was N.Y.C. (New York Color), which I always passed by at the drugstore.  I dismissed it, because of the price, but boy was I dumb to do that!

At the dollar tree in VA (I was there for 5 days taking care of last minute box inventory and visiting friends) I found N.Y.C liquid eyeliner in Deep plum and a Color wheel Mosaic Face powder in Peal Glow. $1 each, bargain! So I snatched up 2 face powders and 1 liquid eyeliner.  I should have bought more, but I need to keep my items to a minimum since my luggage is already super packed!

First off the liquid eyeliner was a definite purchase since a few days earlier, I grabbed one in black at CVS for $1.99. Here is my eyeliner haul:

For the total price of $2.99 for 2 eyeliners, I can't complain.  I think they are very long lasting and very comparable to the higher end liquid eyeliners.  I take these on my road trips with me, because if I lose them then I won't shed a tear.  The thin brush is sturdy enough and allows for control (which is needed for liquid eyeliner).  I've been "cat eye" woman for the last week and I have gotten many compliments.

Next NYC item is my Color wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Peach Glow.  


I honestly would not have bought this powder unless I saw so many great reviews on it on youtube.  But for $1, I am willing to try almost everything.  Basically you take a blush brush or a stipling brush and run it in circles to pick up all the different colors on this powder.  There isn't a fragrance to this powder, which is disappointing because I think I was comparing it to the Physicians Formula Happy Booster powder I bought few weeks ago.  But it is more matte and therefore is a nice change to my usual face powder/highlighters that I use.  The color is more of a pink/peach/natural shade and therefore is great for everyone who is fair to fair/medium.  

So overall I spent $3.99 and have 3 fairly good products from NYC.  These will be my travel items that I take with me and quite happy about the overall performance of these very inexpensive items.

So check out your dollar tree/dollar stores, you just never know what you'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment