Sunday, February 12, 2012

Last Night's Accessories: Topshop, Models Own, Gosh, Louis Vuitton

Last night, I met up with a forum friend for dinner and movies.  It's so nice to see a friendship blossom from seeing them on a public forum, to an email, to a day out shopping, and then to a friendship.  We saw "The Woman in Black".  If you are a Hammer horror fan, you may be pleased at the modern Hammer film.  There was a good 15 seconds, where I froze in fear.  It was great!  :)  So last night, this is what I rocked.  Sorry I don't have an OOTD, but here are my accessories. 

I was still rocking my sponge nails, these are the polishes that I used:  Models Own Aciid and Gosh Lavender Love.

Models Own £5 - Gosh £4.99


  
I took another photo of this manicure, as my other post had an Instagram version.  Then, I pulled out a small bag, which is quite rare for me. I'm always using big bags, but for some reason, I wanted to pull this bag out.  This is the original Louis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse graffiti pochette, circa 2001.  This bag has a lovely story behind it, and I will always remember the kind lady that gave this bag to me, and I will never forget her :).


I also wore a new pair of earrings that I picked up at Topshop. It was a total impulse buy, but it looked fabulous last night, so I'm happy that I did buy it.

Topshop - £4

Then I woke up this morning from a horrible nightmare.  I was still a bit shaken from it, when I learned about the death of Whitney Houston.  What I'm about to say is very obvious, but I was a child in the 80's, and I remember her rocking MTV.  I will always remember her as the songbird diva.  We all have our demons, and that doesn't make us who we are.  I believe that what we accomplish in life is what makes us who we are, so I will always have respect for this amazing singer, and wish her a safe passage to the light, and condolences to her family. 

What I remember most of Whitney Houston (other than the obvious chart topping "I will always love you") was this female power anthem.  "It's not right, but it's ok, I'm gonna make it anyways" rings true to every woman out there who has ever been cheated on.  Thanks Whitney for this liberating song, RIP.

2 comments: