Saturday, February 4, 2012

30 Day Beauty Challenge: Day 12 Favourite colour of clothing


Ever since my early 20's, people use to ask me why I always wore black.  I've heard it all..."are you from NY?" or "were you a goth as a teen?", or the ever so famous "are you depressed".  Yes, I was a depressed kid, no I was never a goth, and no I'm from Philly not NY :)  The real reasons why I love black clothes so much has to do with the fact that:

1.  Black goes with everything
I love adding bold accessories to an all black outfit

2.  Black is slimming
The rumors are true.  It provides the illusions and hides those extra "bumps"

AND...
3.  Black never goes out of style
A classic black dress, black blazer, black pants - all of these will never go out of fashion, right?




I wear so much black that I've been mistaken so many times as an employee of hair salons and makeup stores hahaha.  I know that black clothes is a staple in many wardrobes, but I really love black.  I do switch it up with some forms of grey LOL!  To some, this may seem extremely boring, while others may see it as very metropolitan and urban.   I'd like to think that I'm the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment