Saturday, February 19, 2011

OPI Black Shatter vs. Barry M Black Magic

So after a stressful day, I needed some relaxation and I decided to compare my shatter/crackle polishes.
Barry M is a british brand and was out way before OPI Black Shatter. It took a while for it to get to me, but it's finally here. I always thought trends tend to take a bit of time to reach the states. Below is my review on the two. Enjoy! Oh ladies and if you don't have either of these, it's so much fun, get it definitely (although OPI black shatter is a little hard to get right now, it's not impossible).


The color I had underneath was Orly - Shine

Here is the first swatch: Barry M's Black Magic.
A thin coat is all you need and within seconds, the polish begins to crack into squarish "islands". This cracks differently than the OPI Shatter and you'll see why.
I like this one better, because it gives a spotted look, which I like a lot.

Now the OPI black Shatter is the big craze and I like it too, but sometimes it cracks into really thin linear lines and I sort of enjoy the thicker lines better. I also am having an issue with the polish drying up too fast in the bottle, but of course I was told a little thinner will always fix it. I hope so, especially since this polish has a different formula make up.

So overall, Barry M wins in my book, but I love them both.
I am very happy this came out. It's fun, it's funky, it's very 80's and quite urban chic in my book. It's all the craze right now and I can totally see why.

For those in the US, I got the Barry M polish off of ebay for $10.95 with shipping included from the U.K. Not too shabby, yeah? :)

See you guys soon for my next blog about Sally Hansen's Salon Effects strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment