Sunday, July 29, 2012

Strangebeautiful Library of Camo swatches

I can't believe I haven't swatched this set for my blog. I'm so sorry as this is probably one of my favourite nail polishes in my stash.  I got this set for my birthday, and I have been in love with Strangebeautiful ever since.  

Library of Camo contains 10 colours inspired by the art of camoflague.  The intellectual concept behind each of the colours was a huge basis of why I really wanted to invest my money in this.  Not only is it visually appealing, but there was some thought behind it.  Who would have thought? Beauty and brains can go together!

I purchased this set at Cult Beauty, which is currently not available, but they still have other sets and you can see those HERE.  I spy the Inept Laundress volume - SwOON!

The acrylic case that holds these volumes are heavy and provides a very secure home for the nail polish.  I personally love the sleek and streamlined cases these come in.
 






Now onto the swatches.  The individual polishes do not have their own names.  I swatched each colour for your viewing pleasure.  Some polishes took one coat, while others were two to three.  Please note that some of the fingers will only have one coat while others have two, I did this to show you the sheerness and the opaqueness of the different polishes. The formula is very lovely.  The brush itself reminded me of the D&G brushes that seems to be slightly A line and "skirt" outwards.  It didn't make the application difficult, but after using the Dior brushes, I think this is the only area that Strangebeautiful could improve on.


Colour No. 1


Colour No. 2

Colour No. 3

Colour No. 4 

Colour No. 5

Colour No. 6


Colour No. 7


Colour No. 8

Colour No. 9


Colour No. 10


I love this volume so much that I actually have a backup.  This is just my cup of tea. I love military/army greens and neutrals.  This even goes for clothes as well, so when I saw this set, I knew I had to have it and have a backup.  

If you want these volumes and you are in the UK, embrace yourself as they just raised the price to £64 per volume, but in my world, they are so worth it, and they really add a dose of class and extravagance to any vanity.

1 comment:

  1. Think of it as cost per bottle lol. Great review. These are so you ;-)

    ReplyDelete