Monday, July 16, 2012

Boots Smooth Care Hair Lightener vs. Jolen bleach

I know this post isn't a very glamorous or fun one, but it's on a product that is very essential for me.  As embarrassing as it is, facial hair is a dark reality for me (as with many others).  I hate spending money on it, and I have been searching for a Jolen bleach replacement for quite some time now.  Jolen is a product that I have been using off and on since the early 90's.  At almost £5 for a small jar here in the uk, I knew I had to immediately find myself a cheaper alternative and thank god I did.

This is what comes in your box...

I can tell you immediately what I liked better about this product:

1.  Bigger spatula
2.  A dish, instead of just a flat piece of plastic like Jolen
3.  No powders to mess with, it's two tubes of cream that you mix together
4. The 1:1 ratio is a lot easier to mix than the Jolen's ratio of 1/3 to 1 (if memory serves me correct)
5.  No stinging what so ever
6.  No bleach spots on my skin as a result
and last but definitely not least
7. Much cheaper than Jolen

I am so happy to have found this replacement.  It is very effective without the stinging.  For some warped reason, I thought that stinging was a part of bleaching, oh how wrong I was.

I highly recommend this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment