Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dior Waterlily vs. Illamasqua Nomad Swatches & Review

I think I need to adjust my colour setting on my computer as I swore these two were similar.  They are not at all.  Illamasqua is a bold and bright green and Waterlily is a muted soft jade with a slight blue shimmer.  I am really glad I bought both of these polishes as they are perfect for spring.





Illamasqua on the first two fingers and Dior on the last two.






Here's the lowdown on these two polishes:

Application:  Smooth, consistent, and easy
Coverage:  Very opaque, one coat does the job
Scent:  Dior has a slight rose scent. I didn't get why Dior felt it necessary to try to scent their polishes as who really smells their nails anyways
Packaging:  Love both brands' packaging, but this time Dior placed their limited edition polish into a silver box instead of their traditional dark blue.  I actually like that they did that, as it makes it stand out a bit more and makes it more "collectible"
Retail:  Dior £19 and Illamasqua was £13.50

What's your favourite polish colour for Spring?

TUNE OF THE DAY
***********************
Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for these swatches and comparison. I always wondered how different they were and if it was worth it to try to have both of them. Indeed it is :)

    ReplyDelete