Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rituals Nail Polish Ambitious Amethyst, Sapphire Moon, and Sapphire Stone

Today's review is on Rituals nail polishes in Ambitious Amethyst, Sapphire Moon, and Sapphire Stone.  The only place that I have seen these products were in John Lewis and although I loved the sleekness of the bottles, I walked away without testing them once I saw the £9.50 price ticket attached to it.  Lucky for me, I managed to nab 3 polishes and a mascara for £9.99 at TK Maxx today.  Curiousity got the best of me, and now I have these three to swatch and test.




Best part of this nail polish is the packaging.  Sometimes, it's the little things that can make a huge difference.  

Does that also read "contains pure Ruby"? no freaking way, seriously? How is that even possible? But I am not complaining over here, I like that this polish is enriched with Ruby to strengthen my nails.



The minimalist bottle design works for me!

***Sorry that my camera is picking up on all the tiny particles of dust, yuck****
 



So does the short stubby brushes that works for easy handling. I just wonder what it's going to be like when I'm nearly finished the bottle? (Like that will ever happen lol).
 

Up first is Sapphire Stone...
This is my favourite colour out of the three.  It is a blue toned grey creme.  It did take two coats to make opaque while the others took just one layer.  It's not as rich as the others, but it dried quicker than the others. 



Next is Ambitious Amethyst...
I love this colour as it reminds me of a rich jewel tone grape.  The closest colour that I have to this is Julep's Gayle.  Formula wise, this polish has an amazing one coat opaque goodness.  I absolutely love this polish and very happy to be happy to swatch it for you all.
 

The last of the polishes is Sapphire Moon.  Sapphire Moon is a color that I have seen before many many times again.  I do love these dark midnight blue cremes with a slight shimmer; however, I think that I own like 4 or 5 others that are just like it.  I will however be very happy to keep it as the formula is once again superb and the drying time is very quick.
 

Overall, I can see why they market their polishes for £9.50 as the quality merits that price, but I found that other than Sapphire Stone, their colors were nothing too interesting to me personally.  I am hoping to be able to grab some more colors again at TK maxx for this price as it really was a bargain.

However, if you are interested, you can buy yours at John Lewis.

Having looked at the Rituals website, I am quite interested in trying their other products as well.  I do love the spa oriented, holistic, and Asian zen-like philosophy behind their products. 

Have you tried Rituals products? What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment