Friday, August 17, 2012

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint spf 15

As an American expat, I have never heard of Liz Earle until I moved here.  I know she is on QVC, and the ladies on one of my forums swear by her hot cloth cleanser.  So of course my curiosity got the best of me.  I just had to try one of her products.  Luckily, someone gave me the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint to try. 




The company describes this product as such:

The perfect way to enhance your skin. Our rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV protection SPF15, it’s enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range

It all sounds good, right? So of course I was eager to try this.  First thing that I noticed was the thickness of this "sheer" skin tint.
I ended up using only half of that onto my face.  I used my fingers to spread it as advised on the website.  I immediately regretted it.  I could feel my pores closing as I applied this product.  I thought that this skin tint was thicker than a tinted moisturiser but didn't cover as well as a liquid foundation.

If you are looking for a thick and dewy minimum coverage product, than this is for you; however, for me, the formula was very heavy and oily for my liking.

The other negative of this product was that it didn't hide my enlarged pores, and just sunk and sat in my tiny lines in between my eyebrows.  It made me feel older, eww.

Here are the ingredients
(God knows what all this is, but whatever it is, the combination just doesn't work for me)
Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide, Sorbitol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Isononyl isononanoate, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Talc, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sodium chloride, Squalane, Borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, Polyhydroxystearic acid, Propylene glycol, Alumina, Aluminum stearate, Silica, Isostearic acid, Stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium dehydroacetate, Methicone, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, +/- CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI77492 (iron oxides), CI77499 (iron oxides).

I can't recommend this product, but if all my cons sounds like something that you could live with, this retails for £21 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment