Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Suqqu Eyeshadow Brush F Review

It has been too long again ladies, hope you're all doing well. I finally got a chance to snap some photos of my favorite items this month. Let me just start to say that England has not seen sun for the last 3 days, so the fact that these photos came out clear is a miracle! lol.

Suqqu has been a brand that has been unobtainable for me. First off, it's not available everywhere like other high end brands like Chanel and Dior. Second, in the UK, you can only go to see it in Selfridges. So that is what I did.  You may have seen this brush in my London haul post from 2 weeks ago.  I just have to disclose that this brush did take me several months to save up for. It's not everyday that I drop £48 on an eyeshadow brush, but I do not regret it one bit. I'm not kidding either, £48 is well worth this brush, because it is the softest thing on earth. I imagine that if unicorns are real that this is what a unicorn would feel like. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

So here goes the photos...

Firstly, the box it comes in is a very simple and minimalistic box. Standard black paper box with a film on top. I know, I know..for £48, it should have came in a metal box, but I forgive Suqqu for that oversight :p

Sorry you can't really see the lettering from my photo, but in real life it's just as hard to read.



Firmly packed and beautifully tapered
 

Dior (left) vs. Suqqu (right)


So it really boils down too one question. How important are brushes for you? For me, they are extremely important. I know no matter how much I bang on about how soft these brushes are, there will be some who really don't care as long as they are saving money.  I totally get that. This was one of my 2 Christmas gifts to myself, and I just couldn't be happier.  £48 is quite a bit, I will be the first to admit that, but let me tell you one last thing about this brush that might make that price sticker not so painful.  When I applied my eyeshadow on my lid, I could not feel the brush.  It was astonishing. The softness and lightness of the brush was so weightless that I didn't think any eyeshadow applied, but it did.  For that reason alone, Suqqu has now kicked all the other brush's behinds and made it to my #1 favorite brush.  Now, how am I going to get £168 to buy the face brush? Should I sell a kidney? lol.

Do you own any Suqqu brushes? Love it? Hate it? Let me know below.

You can buy yours at Selfridges (they moved into the main beauty hall, so they are easy to find now and connected with Kanebo) or online at Selfridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment