Sunday, October 14, 2012

Garnier Vital Restore Day Cream spr 15 Review

About a month and a half ago, I decided to the unthinkable.  For the first time in a very long time, I tried a drugstore skincare brand.  It was always drilled into me that good skincare cost a lot, so I always equated the two together.  I did this for purely financial reasons. I was going on a holiday that I couldn't afford lol, so I had to cut some costs somewhere.  I went with Garnier's vital restore moisturiser.  I can't remember what drew me to this one in particular.


Perhaps it was the purple bright packaging? or the fact that it had spf 15 in it? Either way, I purchased this from the Superdrug's website on sale (never again will I do that, but that's a completely different rant in itself).  The box arrived crushed, so I discarded it immediately and this 50ml jar lasted me roughly 1.5 months.

The moisturiser has the trademark Garnier scent. My bb cream also has the same scent.  It is a fresh and slightly fruity/floral aroma.  It didn't bother me and was quite nice actually.  I remember the first time that I used this and didn't rub it in well and looked like I had white paint all over my face.  This moisturiser didn't sink into the skin as easily as I wanted it too.  In fact, the other day I must have put on too much on my neck and the mixture of the cream with my perfume made it flake away.  That was quite embarrassing.

I can not describe it in words, but there was something a little too synthetic about this moisturiser. I definitely would not repurchase this. It's not that it was bad or I had some adverse reaction to it, but it is just purely on the fact that it really did nothing for my skin.  In fact, I feel it was a little too rich for my combination skin and may have blocked my pores.

Sure it only cost £6.99, but I feel like I wasted £6.99 to be honest. Perhaps this would help with someone a bit younger than me, as I am finding the need for better skincare as I get older.

1 comment:

  1. That's the thing with trying to save money and change to cheaper skin care - the money wasted trying to find a similar product! I also believe you get what you pay for with skincare, although I have got on well with E45 cream which was a surprise (that's not mega cheap though). Also, if you have "problem" skin it's even harder to find that perfect product.

    ReplyDelete