Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in 02 Rose Crush

Today's review is on a product that took me months to purchase.  It took me this long not only due to it's hefty price tag, but the fact that I couldn't make up my mind which colour and whether or not I should splurge on a lipgloss.  I'm sure many of you have been there.  You ooohhh and awwww at it online, you try to rationalize how you're going to afford it, and then you take a deep breath and quickly check out online as fast as you can before you change your mind :).  That was me for the last few months.  I must look at Tom Ford makeup on a daily basis online.  It's just beautiful to me, and yet it wasn't something that I was ready to spend my hard earned money on.  A year ago, an online friend graced me with some Tom Ford lipsticks, and the rest is history.  I just couldn't stomach the Tom Ford prices, but something kept drawing me to them.

So last week, I finally did it!  I said to myself "Sue, grow up! You need to stop being so wishy washy and just do the damn thing".  So I listened to myself and purchased a lip gloss.  I couldn't decide on the colour, so I decided on a colour that I would wear the most.  If I was going to spend this kind of money, I was going to get the most use out it as possible.  I eventually settled for Rose Crush.  It was the perfect subdued nudey pink that I could find for my skin tone.  I'm very glad that I did get it.

Let me show you the photos first, and then we shall discuss the lipgloss in more detail.


The sun was going down as I snapped this picture.  It is a bit warmer in person, but as you can see, it really is a lovely nude/pink shade.  
 




The lip gloss is slightly scented with a vanilla hint.  Instantly, I knew it was a familiar scent (MAC lipsticks).  It's not heavy, but it's definitely there.  Rose Crush was very opaque and pigmented.  I wasn't expecting that, but I was happily surprised.



Yes I could go on and on about how much I love the packaging, but that's a given right? We always expect a level of luxury when it comes to these higher end products.  So I'm sure you are wondering...Is it worth the money?  I guess it really depends on what you value.  If you are looking for luxury packaging, this has it.  If you are looking for a pigmented product, this has it.  It definitely isn't an economic purchase, nor will everyone find that it's worth this price, but for me, I find that it delivers everything that I wanted.  I don't know the next moment of insanity that I will have to purchase another one (looking at you Naked and Sahara Pink), but this is the best lip gloss that I have in my stash.  I do want to try an Armani lip gloss before I can say that this is THE best, but for now TF lip gloss reigns supreme amongst my other lippies.

Tom Ford can be purchased at luxury department stores such as Harrods, Selfridges, Neiman Marcus, and Saks.  This is not wallet friendly, but it's a little piece of heaven, especially if you love your lippies.

Next up is the Tom Ford eyeshadow quads.  I definitely don't have the budget to purchase it, so it's coming from the states through a swap, so it might be a few weeks before I can do a review.  So check back later for that review.

All I have to say is that I've been on a splurging spree. I got to chill.....and stat lol! 2 Guerlain lipsticks, this lip gloss, and I finally nabbed the Guerlain Cruel Gardenia off of evilbay.  Yep, my wallet is hating me right about now.  Plus, I want to get the new Chanel polish in Holiday next week as well.  I guess I will be packing my lunch all next week and the week after (and the week after that too lol). Chat with you all later :)


************************
TUNE OF THE DAY
and my jam!

Kraftwerk - Numbers


No comments:

Post a Comment