Friday, July 12, 2013

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation 20 Beige Review

My quest for that perfect foundation still continues. When Debenhams was having a sale, I used my card points and bought the Vitalumiere aqua foundation.  I heard negative reviews, but when Lisa Eldridge spoke about it on her blog, I knew I had to try it.  I quite like Lisa's videos as she has loads of experience with makeup application and can give an unbias opinion as she's using products on all different skin types and not just hers.  The best advice that I took away from her videos was to work in thin layers and build on colour.  I realized that I was doing the complete opposite, so I went for Vitalumiere aqua to give myself that dewy natural coverage.







 The consistency is watery and I didn't think that it would give me enough coverage, but as you can see in the next photo, it blended in beautifully.  It gave me that natural and moist/dewy coverage that I needed and wanted all along.


The coverage is very natural and light.  I find myself applying 3 thin layers on my face to cover my scars and other imperfections.  3 layers isn't that bad. I use to put on 1 thick layer of my other foundations and I still needed concealer.   If you have lots of acne scaring and you want full coverage, this foundation is obviously not for you, but for me this is a great day time coverage.


I use my fingers to blend this foundation in and I love how easily it glides on my skin.  It almost feels like I'm applying a tinted moisturiser on.  So far, I've enjoyed using Vitalumiere aqua and I will most likely repurchase this and use it on the days that I'm looking for light moisturised coverage.  Gone are the days where I'm looking for a flawless porcelain skin. Sometimes, you want to give your skin some breathing space and this foundation does just that.  It covers enough so that I'm not feeling self-conscious about my skin, but light enough to let my skin breathe and naturally shine.  It also has spf 15 so there is some protection as well (which is very important).


This foundation has Lotus Water and Brown Seaweed Extract which helps with toning and energizing your face.  I believe it as my skin does give a slight radiant glow.  Who doesn't want to glow right?


£31 at your local Chanel counter, Boots, Debenhams and anywhere else that sells Chanel.

Is it worth £31 ? Well that's up to you and your skin needs. If you are like me and desire that natural glow then this is worth it, but for those who like fuller coverage, this may not be your cup of tea.

Have you tried this? What do you think of it?




No comments:

Post a Comment