Monday, May 28, 2012

My Salon Experience Review: Paul Henri (Aveda Salon)

I really hesitated to write this review as I support anything with the Aveda mark on it.  I believe in the business ethos, the natural ingredients, and the holistic and earthy approach to beauty products.  But it stops there to be honest. I have frequented Aveda spas and salons for close to 5 years now.  Each and every time, it has been great, but unfortunately, I can't say that my experience was the same with the Paul Henri Aveda salon in Ipswich.

The first time I went there was roughly 4 months ago.  My haircut was way too short, and I left feeling like a boy.  I chalked it up to having a entry level stylist, because I was tight on cash that trip.  So, this previous trip, I was determined to have a senior stylist cut my hair.  I won't mention names on this review, but just know that this is a senior stylist that I am reviewing.  At a whopping £38.95 for a hair cut, I expected a lot more from a senior stylist. 

The first problem was the condition of the salon when I arrived.  England is experiencing their summers, and needless to say that it has been HOT!  Not only did the salon not turn on their A/C, but the door wasn't even propped open.  I should have walked out immediately, but I was desperate for a hair cut, so I just dealt with the heat.  Next, the senior stylist was in a foul mood, because she said that their system was down.  Ok sistah, I get that it's stressful, but it ain't my fault the system is down so a smile would have been great.  The hair wash, hair cut, and check out barely lasted 30 minutes.  She did a rush job on everything.  I asked her if she thought the cut suited me, and she really couldn't be bothered to engage in any conversation with me.  How odd is that? A hair stylist that doesn't talk to their customer?  I was so put off by this point.  I asked her to layer the back of my hair a bit more for volume, and she couldn't be assed to do that either, giving me some lame excuse as to why, but the truth was, she just couldn't be bothered as her mind was clearly on something else and stressed.
Oh well, I won't be returning back to Paul Henri which is a shame as I love the fact that they use Aveda products.  So my quest for a half decent hair salon continues. 

So that is my experience with the Paul Henri salon on Upper Brook Street. 
CONS: Overpriced and Inexperienced staff members.
PROS:  Centrally located and uses amazing Aveda products.

**Edit**
I also need to mention that on my first visit to Paul Henri, I was offered a drink and also a complimentary head/scalp massage.  I was not offered either of the two on my 2nd visit.

UPDATE:
Since the publication of this review, I have gotten 2 harassing comments.  I published and responded too the first comment but didn't get a response.  The 2nd comment arrived over a year later. This racist comment will be taken as harassment and if it does continue, I will make sure I contact the police.  



4 comments:

  1. This review is laughable .... SISTA ..... Such Very poor gramma ..... I personally wouldn't think any one would take this review seriously ( unless of similar mentality ) . It seems obvious to me that this individual is in search of perfection when in fact the whole blog is very SELF indulgent . The truth is that people who make these comments are in fact unhappy individuals who seem to relish in the slaughter of others and seek pure self promotion .......... "SISTA" - maybe in the future, review fairly.. think about your actions and do not project your unhappiness within your self into the world !

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAT .. UGLY.. ( ANYTHING BUT LUSH ). CHINESE .... BITCH

    ReplyDelete