Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Monthly Rejects

Do you know what I mean when I say a product was a Long haul?  You know, those products that you hate but don't want to waste, so you use it but it feels like it takes FOREVER to finish?  Well, I got two of those types of products to review today. 

Let me start off by saying that I didn't pay full retail for either products (thank god!) nor did I buy them at a shop, otherwise I would have returned it immediately.  I had no choice but to use it as it's very hard to sell used bath & hair products online, so I just grin and bear it last month, and I'm ready to unleash my honest review about these products.

The two culprits are:
Aveda's Shampure Conditioner and Baylis & Harding balancing body wash


I take no pleasure in writing a poor review on any product, but I can't help but feel cheated out of my hard earned cash, so I must tell my readers about my experience to these products.

Let me start off with the Aveda product.  I absolutely love Aveda. I love their products, their ethos...I mean seriously I should be an Aveda spokesperson.  I just don't understand what happened with this product.  Perhaps, I got a bad batch.  All I know is that I love Aveda's shampure scent, and roughly two years ago I used the shampure shampoo and I loved how cleansing it was.  So naturally when I saw this conditioner going on ebay, I bid on it instantly.  The conditioner left my hair feeling brittle, dry and flat.  I have thin short hair, and I was just shocked at how my hair could be both dry, brittle AND flat.  I did all variations of application of this product.  I used a little one time, I used a lot the next time.  It didn't matter the length of time that I left it on; absolutely nothing worked for me.  So having doing all that, I realised that it wasn't my application, it was the product.  It did absolutely nothing for me, in fact I think I had the worst hair days when I used this product.  Sadly, I'll never be buying this hair conditioner again. 

Retail:  £36.50 for 1 liter
So obviously that's a lot of wasted money right there.

The next product that I was disappointed by was the Baylis & Harding sweet mandarin balancing body wash.  Fair enough, I haven't tried any other body wash to compare.  I have no complaints about the scent, as what it says it is, is exactly what it is.  You get a lightly scented sweet citrus body wash, which I always tend to like.  It was the texture and lather that left me very disappointed.  The texture was this gloopy almost jelly like substance that didn't lather as well as I thought it would.  I tried this product as I have seen this brand being carried in a lot of shops.  I was shocked that the body wash felt too mass produced in quality to rationalise the price that they ask for this.  


So that was my money wasted this month.  Ahhh, the life of a product junkie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment