Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Best Massage I've Ever Had


Today's review is on a treatment and not a product, which is rare, but still essential as I know I still read reviews prior to booking any treatments.  After two friends highly recommended this therapist to me, I decided that today would be the day.  Rose Helm ITEC Dip, CThA, MTI Deep Tissue Massage Therapist, is a single practitioner in Ipswich.  Her treatment room is in an office building.  I thought that was a bit odd as I usually go to spas to get a massage done, but once you walk into her "office" it feels like a treatment room and not an office building.  Her decor is modern and minimal, and on par with all the high end salons out there.  I complimented her on how lovely it smelled (which is a HUGE deal for me).  Her room smelled like the numerous Aveda spas that I frequented in Miami, and I was very pleased with that.



Rose is extremely professional.  When she talks, you know she knows what she is talking about.  I instantly felt comfortable, and felt like I was in the right hands.  We had a brief 15 minute disucssion about my ailments, medical history and lifestyle, and she assessed that this session would be focused on my back and legs.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I needed that.  As she was doing my massage, I could tell that she knew exactly the parts of me that needed extra attention.  A lot of massage therapists just give a generic massage and glance over problem areas, but Rose didn't.  Without me even having to tell her, she knew exactly my problem areas and she began to apply a medical approach of massage to me.

I haven't mentioned this before, but I am anemic, and sometimes my lack of iron makes me very tired and often dizzy.  It has to due with the lack of oxygen that is circulating in my body.  She knew this, and she worked on getting my blood circulated.  All I can say is that for the last 1.5 weeks, I felt like utter sh*t, and after a 45 minute massage, I felt rejuvenated and extremely relaxed.  I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I felt after this massage with Rose.  She definitely did get the blood moving, and that is exactly what I needed right now.

She uses strong/powerful and slow movements that really make a difference.  I've had many massages, and I never experienced a proper deep tissue massage.  Sure it's slightly tense and painful, but that's because my muscles are very tight from lack of exercise and abuse (by moi lol).  Now 4 hours after the massage, I feel like I could sleep all night.  When I tell you that this is therapeutic, that's a bit of an understatement.  I am so glad that my friends recommended Rose to me, and I am doing the same.  I booked another appointment for 2 weeks later, and I can't wait!

For information about her and bookings, please go to her website
http://www.rosehelmdeeptissuemassage.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment